Application deadline is February 1 for the following fall (fall admission only)
Master’s Degree Programs
Students may begin fall, spring or summer (see Application Deadlines).
Along with all Graduate School Application Requirements, a complete application includes:
- Official transcripts - submit to Graduate School
- GRE scores (and TOEFL scores for international students) - submit to Graduate School
- Letters of recommendation - submit to SUPA Graduate Advisor
- Essay - submit to SUPA Graduate Advisor. PhD students are strongly encouraged to submit a separate essay that provides sufficient details on their research interests, the faculty with whom they plan to work on their research, and the student's reasons for pursuing a Ph.D.
Detailed procedures for PhD programs
Detailed procedures for Master’s Degree programs
- Factors considered include GPA, GRE scores, letters of recommendation, essay, field of study, community service, multilingual proficiency, and community service.
- Applicants may be admitted unconditionally or on probation.
- Applicants may also be denied admission or admitted on a provisional or deferred basis.
Detailed requirements for PhD programs
Detailed requirements for Master’s Degree programs
Detailed requirements for Certificate programs
In addition to Graduate Research Assistantships (GRAs), internships, employment, and loans, the School has financial aid available specifically for students of regional planning, urban studies, public service, and public administration. Please see: