- UTA partners with Zipcar
- Mobile App for Parking Convenient for Visitors
- UTA launches new Institute for Sustainability and Global Impact
- Colleges vie for tree-planting title ahead of big game
- Air North Texas Be Air Aware and Clean Air Action Day
- Travel Support Grants
- UT Arlington Among First to Receive Sustainability Certification for Landscape
- Announcement Sustainability Speaker Grants University Sustainability Committee
- Student-Produced PSAs for Clean Air Action Day in North Texas
- Announcement Faculty Fellowships for 2014-2015 Sustainability in the Curriculum
Yekang Ko, Ph.D.
Assistant professor in City & Regional Planning
School of Urban & Public Affairs
Ph.D., Environmental Planning, University of California, Berkeley, 2012.
M. Area Studies, Asia-Pacific Studies, The Graduate Institute of Peace Studies, Kyung Hee University, 2007.
B.S., Environmental Science and Ecological Engineering, Korea University, 2005.
Areas of Sustainability/Environmental Expertise
Assessment of urban sustainability;
Energy efficient urban design and planning utilizing renewable energy resources;
Environmental planning and urban ecology;
Spatial analysis using Geographic Information Systems (GIS);
Summary of Current and Ongoing Research
My research focuses on assessment of urban sustainability using spatial analysis and GIS. I have forthcoming articles that investigate the impact of urban form on residential energy use, vehicle energy use, and on-site solar energy potentials.
I am a passionate environmental planner who supports the long-term resilience of built environment through trans-disciplinary approaches. My research and teaching explores the sustainable urban forms that minimize energy consumption and maximize on-site renewable energy utilization. I am also interested in international planning in the Asia-Pacific region. My research and professional projects are based on environmental planning, science, policy and active collaboration with local governments and NGOs. At UTA, I teach:
CIRP 5327 Introduction to Green Cities & Transportation (Fall)
CIRP 5350 Environmental Planning (Fall)
CIRP 5308 Metropolitan Sustainability & Planning Ethics (Spring)
INTS 4388 Special Topics in Interdisciplinary Studies: Sustainable Communities (Spring)