- April 8
2318 Beatrice St., Dallas, TX 75208
- April 22
Celebrating People and Planet
- UTA partners with Zipcar
- Mobile App for Parking Convenient for Visitors
- UTA launches new Institute for Sustainability and Global Impact
- Colleges vie for tree-planting title ahead of big game
- Air North Texas Be Air Aware and Clean Air Action Day
- Travel Support Grants
- UT Arlington Among First to Receive Sustainability Certification for Landscape
- Announcement Sustainability Speaker Grants University Sustainability Committee
- Student-Produced PSAs for Clean Air Action Day in North Texas
- Announcement Faculty Fellowships for 2014-2015 Sustainability in the Curriculum
Ardeshir (Ard) Anjomani, Ph.D.
Professor and Director, Ph.D. in Urban Planning & Public Policy, and Master’s in City & Regional Planning
School of Urban & Public Affairs
Ph.D., Urban and Regional Planning, University of Southern California, 1979.
M. Pl., Urban and Regional Planning, University of Southern California, 1976.
Certificate in Transportation Planning, University of Southern California, 1976.
M. Arch., Architecture, University of Tehran, Iran, 1968
Areas of Sustainability/Environmental Expertise
Environmental and Land Use Analysis and Modeling
Urban and Regional Economics
Summary of Current and Ongoing Research
My recent research concentrates on interconnections and interactions as well as methodological challenges regarding sustainable integrated land-use and transportation planning with a particular attention to metropolitan regions. A sustainable planning of this sort naturally would pull upon environmental consideration, as well as other major systems affecting the growth of urbanized regions which are one of the most important contributing factors to environmental and sustainability problems.
My research (and teaching) during the last three decades have been on searching for a balance between urban development and its environmental effects—sustainable urbanization. In order to achieve this I have done extensive research on use of land and environmental suitability analysis and attempted to bring all the affecting factors together through utilizing optimization techniques.