- April 8
2318 Beatrice St., Dallas, TX 75208
- April 22
Celebrating People and Planet
- UTA partners with Zipcar
- Mobile App for Parking Convenient for Visitors
- UTA launches new Institute for Sustainability and Global Impact
- Colleges vie for tree-planting title ahead of big game
- Air North Texas Be Air Aware and Clean Air Action Day
- Travel Support Grants
- UT Arlington Among First to Receive Sustainability Certification for Landscape
- Announcement Sustainability Speaker Grants University Sustainability Committee
- Student-Produced PSAs for Clean Air Action Day in North Texas
- Announcement Faculty Fellowships for 2014-2015 Sustainability in the Curriculum
Purnendu K. (Sandy) Dasgupta, Ph.D.
Jenkins Garrett Professor Chair, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
College of Science
PhD in Analytical Chemistry, minor Electrical Engineering, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, 1977.
Areas of Sustainability/Environmental Expertise
Measurement of Trace Atmospheric Species and Atmospheric Chemistry, Air Pollution Toxicology
Water quality measurement
Perchlorate in the Environment and iodine nutrition
Sensors for environmental measurement
Summary of Current and Ongoing Research
Basic research in ionic analysis. Dionex Corporation.
Development of Simple Diagnostic Devices that Will Allow Individuals to Self-Manage Use of Traditional, Complementary and Alternative Medicines (TCAM) and Dietary Supplements by Detecting Induction of CYP3A4 Using a Natural Metabolite. Tibotec Therapeutics.
Occurrence and Distribution of Nitrophenols in Air and Rain Water in Houston and Dallas. Houston Advanced Research Center
Water Analytical System, Design, Fabrication, Testing and Calibration. State of Texas via Chipotle Business Group
Development of a Novel Cyanide Sensor. NIH
Electroosmotic Pump for Microchip HPLC. NIH
Metals in Environmental and Biological Systems. A Rational Approach to Sample Pretreatment and Analysis. NSF
Early Diagnostics of Hemoglobinopathies in Developing Countries. Healing Environment Foundation.
A Green Fieldable Analyzer for Arsenic, NSF
Real Time Analyzers for Gases, Particles and Metals, NSF.
While highly sophisticated and expensive technologies are being used in the developed world to mitigate environmental problems, bigger problems in developing countries go unaddressed. My primary concern is that appropriate cost effective technologies are developed. Otherwise it’s just another imported white elephant.