- April 27 - April 28
Become A Sustainability Pofessional
University of Texas at Arlington
- The University of Texas at Arlington Sustainable Campus Composting Program
- Travel and Speaker Grants
- UTA Partners with Zipcar
- Keep Arlington Beautiful - Adopt-A-Spot
- Mobile App for Parking Convenient for Visitors
- UTA launches new Institute for Sustainability and Global Impact
- Colleges vie for tree-planting title ahead of big game
- Air North Texas Be Air Aware and Clean Air Action Day
- UT Arlington Among First to Receive Sustainability Certification for Landscape
- Announcement Sustainability Speaker Grants University Sustainability Committee
Roger Meiners, Ph.D.
Goolsby Distinguished Professor of Economics and Chairman Department of Economics
College of Business
J.D. (law) University of Miami, 1978.
PhD in Economics, Virginia Tech, 1977.
Areas of Sustainability/Environmental Expertise
Economics of environmental regulation.
Common law and the environment.
Summary of Current and Ongoing Research
A project on the economics and policy of hard rock mining with Professor Andrew Morriss of the University of Illinois Law School. A book project on “green jobs.” These are related to my position as Senior Fellow at the Property and Environment Research Center in Bozeman, Montana.
Awards and Grants
Best Graduate Teacher, College of Business, 2008 and 2001.
Experience shows that strong property rights help provide the incentives necessary for people to use resources wisely and to increase the likelihood that we leave a better world for future generations.