- April 27 - April 28
Become A Sustainability Pofessional
University of Texas at Arlington
- The University of Texas at Arlington Sustainable Campus Composting Program
- Travel and Speaker Grants
- UTA Partners with Zipcar
- Keep Arlington Beautiful - Adopt-A-Spot
- Mobile App for Parking Convenient for Visitors
- UTA launches new Institute for Sustainability and Global Impact
- Colleges vie for tree-planting title ahead of big game
- Air North Texas Be Air Aware and Clean Air Action Day
- UT Arlington Among First to Receive Sustainability Certification for Landscape
- Announcement Sustainability Speaker Grants University Sustainability Committee
Climate change not only impacts the environment, but also our energy, economic, and financial systems. There is increasing recognition of the need for interdisciplinary work to tackle the issues it raises. The Climate committee is focuses on reducing UT Arlington's carbon footprint by developing an Emissions Inventory and a Sustainability Action Plan/Climate Change plan. The Campus Climate Action Plan refers to the collection of policies, programs, and practices that aim to or have had the effect of reducing greenhouse gas emissions reductions on campus.
A greenhouse gas emissions inventory is an accounting of the amounts and sources of emissions of greenhouse gases attributable to the various operations of an institution. The inventory it is a crucial first step toward comprehensive campus climate action efforts.
Committee MembersChair: Meghna Tare, Director, Office of Sustainability