- The University of Texas at Arlington Sustainable Campus Composting Program
- UTA Partners with Zipcar
- Keep Arlington Beautiful - Adopt-A-Spot
- Mobile App for Parking Convenient for Visitors
- UTA launches new Institute for Sustainability and Global Impact
- Colleges vie for tree-planting title ahead of big game
- Air North Texas Be Air Aware and Clean Air Action Day
- Travel Support Grants
- UT Arlington Among First to Receive Sustainability Certification for Landscape
- Announcement Sustainability Speaker Grants University Sustainability Committee
Congratulations! The Department of Student Activities and Organizations is pleased to inform that Mavs Go Green was selected as the recipient of the 2014-2015 award for “Outstanding Contribution to the Greater Community.” This award recognized their excellence in serving the university and broader community. Your award comes with a plaque and a monetary prize in the amount of $200________________________________________________________________________
Attention high school/college/grad school students:
We're just two weeks away from kicking off our 30-day countdown to
It's time to start jumping on board to
make this year's Challenge the most momentous, inspiring year yet!
Now in its fifth year, PGC -- hosted by student-led, Bay Area based non-profit Turning Green -- has engaged over 10,000 students in all 50 states and 45 countries with simple fun and relevant daily challenges during the month of October. The program is free! It's a great way to learn how to cultivate a healthy and just planet and as a participant, you are eligible to win fabulous prizes each day. As a part of this year's Challenge, we are offering:
- Up to 20 Eco Prize packages awarded daily to the best submissions
- A Grand Prize package valued at more than $12,000 (including $5,000 in PGC prize money)
Our aim for the Challenge is to generate the most engagement and largest reach ever, and you can help us make that happen! Here's how:
- Sign up and encourage others to do the same.
- Spread the word! PGC is more fun when you and your friends are in it together (participants can even sign up as teams of up to four people). Send our PGC 2015 flyer to everyone you know, post it around school and start conversations!
- Join us on social media. Follow us on Twitter @TurningGreenOrg, on Instagram @TurningGreenorg, and join the Turning Green Facebook page. Retweet us, tweet about PGC, or interact however you think is most impactful! Remember to use the hashtags #PGC2015 and #ConventionaltoConscious.
- Become a PGC Campus Rep. If you really want to catalyze change on your campus, there's still time to become an official rep for your school. Simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and host a Campus Sign Up Event. TG has capacity to support events during September and provide awesome product giveaways from our awesome team of partners.
Please share this information with students, teachers and clubs on your campus, and feel free to email us with any questions, comments or ideas. We look forward to working with you to transition lives, schools and communities from conventional to conscious with Project Green Challenge 2015.