To be considered for the Terry Scholarship as an incoming transfer, a student must:
- Have demonstrated participation and leadership in community, school, or other organizations
- Be able to demonstrate financial need (Annual family income of less than $100,000 - subject to case-by-case review)
- Have strong academic abilities, as evidenced by grades (minimum of a 3.000 cumulative GPA) from your current institution.
- A minimum of 30 transferable hours to UTA at the time of application. The 30 hours must be post high school credit, dual credit or credit by exam does not count towards the required 30 hours.
- Be a continuous resident of Texas for at least 3 years.
- Be 20 years of age or older on May 1, 2018.
- Apply for admission to UT Arlington as a full-time student for 2018-19 no later than April 1, 2018. This date is a target date so that you will be admitted before applications are reviewed. Anyone not admitted to the University by the time applications are reviewed cannot be considered.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA-eligibility for need based aid is not a requirement to receive the scholarship).
- Be admitted for Summer or Fall semester, full-time, for the purpose of completing an initial baccalaureate degree. Sorry, second baccalaureate students cannot be considered.
- May not have been interviewed by the Foundation previously (either for the traditional or transfer scholarship programs)
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident