CHARLES PROCTOR INCOMING SCHOLARSHIP
Established in the memory of Charles Proctor, former Theatre Arts Director and Associate Professor, this scholarship is designated for incoming freshmen and transfer students. Interested students may apply directly by visiting the Theatre Arts office or may request application materials by mail.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: March 1st, prior to the applicant’s first academic year. This scholarship is awarded each spring, and applies to the following academic year. 6 Recipients of incoming scholarships may apply for a continuing scholarship after their first year at UTA. However, since awards are competitive, the Department of Theatre Arts does not guarantee that all incoming award winners will receive scholarships during their subsequent years.
CHARLES PROCTOR CONTINUING SCHOLARSHIP
Established in the memory of Charles Proctor, former Theatre Arts Director and Associate Professor, this scholarship is designated for continuing students in the Theatre Arts Department. Interested students may obtain application materials in the Theatre Arts office. The faculty reviews applications, and awards are given to students who have demonstrated excellence above and beyond expectations in all aspects of their theatre study. This scholarship is awarded each spring and applies to the following academic year.
EXPECTATIONS OF SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
As a condition of the Charles Proctor Scholarship, recipients are expected to meet a set of requirements. Initial selection of Charles Proctor scholarship recipients is based on how well the candidate mastered these criteria during the previous year, plus audition and/or portfolio presentation.
- Maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or above.
- Performance majors must audition for each UTA production.
- Accept any role if cast, or obtain permission from the Head of the Performance Faculty if unable to accept a role.
- Participate as a member of the running crew for at least one major production each semester, if not cast in all major shows during that time period.
- Enroll full-time as a Theatre Arts major for both Fall and Spring semesters.
- Serve as a departmental student leader by exhibiting a positive attitude and actively participating in all classroom activities.
For more information regarding UTA scholarships, contact the Scholarship Office at (817)272-2197 or visit Davis Hall, Room 252. For questions regarding Theatre Arts scholarships, contact the faculty advisor at