|HOME PAGE||DEPARTMENT||ACADEMICS||PROSPECTIVE||GALLERY||RESOURCES||BOX OFFICE|
RICHARD SLAUGHTER SCHOLARSHIP
Established in the memory of Richard Slaughter, former Theatre Arts Director, this award is available to continuing students in the Theatre Arts Department. Applicants who apply for the Proctor Scholarship are automatically considered for this additional award. This scholarship is awarded in the spring, and applies to the following academic year.
In addition, scholarships based on academic achievement are available through UTA.
EXPECTATIONS OF SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
As a condition of the Charles Proctor Scholarship, recipients are expected to meet a set of requirements. Initial selection of Charles Proctor scholarship recipients is based on how well the candidate mastered these criteria during the previous year, plus audition and/or portfolio presentation.
1. Maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or above.
2. Performance majors must audition for each UTA production.
3. Accept any role if cast, or obtain permission from the Head of the Performance Faculty if unable to accept a role.
4. Participate as a member of the running crew for at least one major production each semester, if not cast in all major shows during that time period.
5. Enroll full-time as a Theatre Arts major for both Fall and Spring semesters.
6. Serve as a departmental student leader by exhibiting a positive attitude and actively participating in all classroom activities.
For more information regarding UTA scholarships, contact the Scholarship Office at (817)272-2197 or visit Davis Hall, Room 252. For questions regarding Theatre Arts scholarships, contact the faculty advisor at (817)272-5722.
|Charles Proctor Scholarships|
|Richard Slaughter Scholarship|
|UT Arlington Home|||||College of Liberal Arts|||||Make a Donation|||||Contact Us|