- A copyright protects only the expression, not the idea.
- Expressions are inherently copyrighted at creation.
# The right to sue for infringement requires claims of copyright to be
registered in the Copyright Office.
# Registration requires creator to fill out copyright forms and submit.
# Expression must display copyright symbol.
- Innovative and/or novel software algorithms
constructions protection requires submission of an intellectual property disclosure form
and review by the UTA Intellectual Property Committee as a process patent.
- Software Copyright Header
- Ideas can be protected through patent application.