IntroductionThe UT Arlington Upward Bound Math & Science Center realize that your support is essential in making the program successful for your student to achieve their goals of completing a post-secondary degree in math & science. Your participation in the program will enable you to support your child in realizing their potential. We have provided resources and information on this page to assist you.
Our Mission:Prepare students with special interest and talents in mathematics or science for admission into post secondary education and for potential careers in the fields of mathematics, science, and/or engineering. To learn more about our program, click here.
Expectations:All Upward Bound Math & Science (UBMS) students and their parents/guardians should be aware that the right to participate in UBMS is a privilege that must be earned on a continuing basis. Students are expected to have a strong commitment to academic excellence in all subject areas.
- Actively participate in both the Academic Year and Summer Residential Institute for the remainder of their high school education;
- Take high school courses that will prepare for college;
- Attend scheduled activities;
- Complete monthly activities as assigned;
- Know and follow the polices and expectations as set forth by the UT Arlington and UBMS
- Behave in ways that do not interfere with the learning of others, do not disrupt the educational process, and do not reflect negatively
on the university or the UBMS community;
- Respect the rights of every student, teacher, UBMS staff, and university employee;
- Enroll in a college or university upon completion of high school.
- Financial Aid Workshop Education beyond high school is a big investment, and often families and students think that it is out of their reach. Fortunately, there is financial aid available to help students pay for tuition, fees, books, transportation and living expenses. With the rising cost of education, it is, for more info click here.
- Preparing for College Guide Coming Soon!
- UBMS Monthly E-Newsletter Winter 2011 E-Newsletter
- UBMS Financial Aid Forum 2010 Financial Aid Forum
- Debunking The Myths of Financial Aid (English) | Spanish Version.
Opening & FAFSA Part I
FAFSA Part II
FAFSA Part III - Worksheet
Show me the Money (Grants/Scholarships/Loans)
Show me the Money Part II
Show me the Money Part III - Scholarships
Scholarships Available Now!