Alumni Association update
The Business Alumni Society has grown to 35 members since its inception late last summer. With professionals from diverse industries and backgrounds, the group plans to create a strong networking organization. The first membership drive launched in January, and the first service project will raise funds to purchase textbooks for a College of Business student for a semester. The Business Alumni Society is open to all business graduates. For more information, visit www.utabusinessalumni.com.
The Student Alumni Association co-sponsored the 19th annual Oozeball mud volleyball tournament, which attracted a record 118 teams last fall.
Student Alumni Association news
• The Student Alumni Association held its 7th Annual Tuition Raffle drawing in February at the Homecoming Bash. This year’s winner, Terry Patterson, will receive free tuition for the fall 2009 and spring 2010 semesters.
• A record 118 teams participated in the 19th annual Oozeball mud volleyball tournament in September on Greek Row. Co-sponsored by the SAA and Campus Recreation, the tournament raises money for scholarships.
• Twenty SAA members participated in the 2008 Distinguished Alumni Gala. They served as hosts and hostesses and helped with registration and other tasks.
• The SAA hosted Founders Day on Oct. 8, 2008. More than 400 students signed a birthday card celebrating UT Arlington’s founding in 1895.
• The SAA is UT Arlington’s largest student organization with more than 1,600 members.
• The SAA participated in the Amazing Race during Parent and Family Weekend in October. Games included creating a cheer to the UT Arlington fight song and completing a UT Arlington crossword puzzle.