Students at UT Arlington are classified in accordance with the number of semester hours earned. Hours earned are interpreted as hours passed at UT Arlington plus hours accepted in transfer from other institutions and/or credit by examination.
- Freshman: one who has earned fewer than 30 hours
- Sophomore: one who has earned 30 hours but fewer than 60 hours
- Junior: one who has heared 60 hours but fewer than 90 hours
- Senior: one who has earned 90 hours or more
- Degreed: one who has earned a bachelor's degree or higher and is enrolled as an undergraduate
For more information, see Academic Regulations in the Undergraduate Catalog.