University College

University College

Petitioning for Credit by AP, IB, or CLEP Exams

UT Arlington does not automatically post credit-by-exam to a student transcript. There are choices that the student, with the help of his/her advisor, should make before claiming the credit.

If you have earned credit-by-exam, please consult with your academic advisor.  Once you have done so, you may log into your MyMav account and click on:

  • UTA Customizations>UTA Testing Services>Petition for Credit

Please read through all the instructions on the Petition for Credit screen before scrolling to the bottom of the page. Exams for which you are eligible to receive credit are listed by test type. Each exam lists the UT Arlington course for which you are eligible to receive credit. If you wish to have the credit added to your transcript, click “Select Credit” box next to the course name. You may notice if you have duplicates of a course, that the duplicates will no longer have a “Select Credit” option. You may receive credit for a course only once. If you click the “Select Credit” box again it will unselect the option and you may make another choice.

Once you have completed the selection process, please click on the “Submit my Request for Credit” button at the bottom of the page. Once you have submitted your choices, you may not go back and unselect any of the items you submitted. However, if you choose not to Petition for a particular course at this time, you may come back at anytime while you are a current student and complete the Petition for that course.

For more information:

  • If you have petitioned for credit and it has not shown up on your transcript, please contact the Office of Records at 817-272-3372.
  • Testing Services website

For more information, see Academic Regulations in the Undergraduate Catalog.