University College

University College

Progress Reports

Freshman 4-Week Progress Reports -- Freshmen only will receive early progress report grades in or by the fourth week of the fall and spring terms

Midterm Progress Reports -- Freshmen, first-term transfer students, athletes, undergraduates with a cumulative GPA of 2.25 or lower, and undeclared students will receive an interim grade report in or by the ninth week of the fall and spring terms

These progress report grades are not recorded on the student’s permanent record. They are for information purposes only and are intended to benefit the student as an early alert. The grade reported at the end of a semester or term is the official and permanent evaluation of a student’s performance in a given course. Notifications are sent to students’ UTA email boxes when progress reports are available, and students are urged to frequently review their progress report grades in MyMav during the grade collection period. For the purpose of progress reports, a grade of I indicates that no grade data was available at the time. Students are encouraged to consult their instructor for progress report grade data if an I is reported or if no grade is reported.

Progress Reports are sent to the following students:

  • All first-time, first-year freshman students
  • All first-year transfer students
  • All Undeclared students
  • Students with Academic Standing codes of Academic Warning, Dismissal 1, Dismissal 2, Probation, and Probation Continued
  • Students with less than a 2.25 cumulative grade point average


What do I do when I receive a Progress Report?

There are two things a student should do:

  1. Schedule a time to meet with your instructor to discuss your progress and any concerns you may have.
  2. Meet with your academic advisor who can help you get a clearer picture of your academic situation.  Your advisor can help you explore the various campus resources available to assist you and can help to facilitate getting you connected with them, if appropriate.  Students advised by the UAC may schedule an appointment with the University Advising center through our online appointment system.  Any student who is not advised by the UAC, should contact their academic advisor.

How do I view my progress report?
To view your progress reports you will need to log into your Student MyMav account.

  • To access MyMav, click on "MY MAV" in the upper-left corner of the UTA Home page.
  • Log in to your account using the Net ID and password that you would use to access your UTA email.  If you do not know your NetID and password you can contact the UTA Computer HelpDesk.
  • On your student page, you will see a drop down box "Academics" on the left side of the page that says "other academic..."  Select "Grades" and click on ">>".
  • Select the current term using the radial button and click "Continue."  If it is your first term, you may not have to select the term.
  • For that term, you will see a tab marked "Official Grades," "Mid-term Progress Grades," "4-week Progress Grades," etc.  Click on the tab for the grades that you wish to review.  If you do not have tabs other than "Official Grades" you were not in a category of students who had grades reported prior to the end of the semester grades.

For more information regarding Progress Reports, please contact the Office of Records.

For more information, also see Academic Regulations in the Undergraduate Catalog.