UT Coordinated Admissions Program (CAP)
This web site is intended for students currently enrolled in the CAP program and classes at UT Arlington for the Fall 2013 - Spring 2014 year.
The University of Texas System developed the Coordinated Admission Program (CAP) to expand the admission options available to students interested in enrolling at The University of Texas at Austin, the System’s flagship university.
In general, CAP makes it possible for some freshman applicants to UT Austin to begin their studies at another UT System university. After completing the CAP requirements during their freshman year, such students may transfer to UT Austin to complete their undergraduate studies.
Here are some basic facts about CAP:
- A student cannot apply to CAP. The only way to participate in CAP is to apply for freshman admission to UT Austin for the summer or fall semester.
- CAP is offered only to Texas residents.
- Students who successfully complete the CAP requirements are able to transfer to UT Austin without having to apply for transfer admission.
- CAP students enroll in UT System universities during their freshman year.
- Each participating UT System university sets its own admission standards and may establish additional requirements for enrolling. As a result, some CAP students may not be offered admission to all participating universities.
- The courses that students take during their CAP year are from approved course lists that include only courses that will transfer back to UT Austin.
- CAP students returning to UT Austin are not guaranteed admission to all undergraduate majors.
Which CAP Class Are You?
Each year, UT Austin interacts with two groups of CAP students: those who are currently enrolled in CAP and those who may or will be enrolling in CAP in the fall.
It is important to understand the distinction between CAP classes because the requirements for the program may change from year to year. So how do you get it right?
- If you are interested in finding out how CAP works in general, visit the Prospective CAP Students website.
- If you are interested in reviewing details about how CAP works for students who are currently enrolled in the program, visit the website for Current CAP Students.