McNair Scholars Eligibility
Undergraduates enrolled at UTA for at least *9 hours per semester may apply if they meet the following criteria:
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Either a **low-income, first-generation undergrad OR a member of a group underrepresented in graduate education (African American, Hispanic, Native American/Native Alaskan/Native Hawaiian)
- Sophomore (by Spring Semester), Junior or Senior (not graduating until at least the following December)
- Cumulative GPA of 2.9 or above
* Once admitted to the McNair program, Scholars are strongly encouraged to maintain full-time enrollment (minimum of 12 hours)
** Low-income status is determined by annual taxable household income limits set by the U.S. Department of Education. First-generation status refers to an undergraduate neither of whose parents earned a degree from a four-year institution of higher learning.