McNair Scholars Resources
The McNair Scholars Program offers the resources and tools you will need to excel in academic research, find financial assistance and prepare for post-baccalaureate education.
McNair Scholars Events
McNair Scholars offers a number of workshops and events throughout the course of the year. To learn more about our events, visit our Events page.
McNair Reference Library materials are located in the McNair computer lab and are available only to UT Arlington McNair Scholars. Materials include publications on academic performance, research methods, scholarly writing, GRE or GMAT preparation, the nature of graduate study, applying to graduate school, preparing for and finding an academic position and more. Although most books may be checked out, some reference books may only be used on site.
Borrowers are responsible for any damaged or lost books.
Student Computer Lab
The McNair Scholars Program has a small computer lab (containing two PCs) available to Scholars to check e-mail, work on class assignments, practice for the GRE, write summer research papers and explore graduate programs and fellowships. We ask that students limit their daily printouts to 30 pages.
Scholars in good standing (active program participants) can also borrow one of four program laptops for academic use. During the fall and spring semesters, the borrowing period is seven days for no more than four weeks (with one full week between borrowing periods) unless they receive special permission from the assistant director.
Due to increased demand during the summer internship, the borrowing period is limited to four days between July 1 and Aug. 15. Prompt return of the laptop is considered in future lending decisions. We suggest that students put their name on a waiting list if they anticipate the need to use a McNair laptop.
Financial Support for Minorities and Women
- Hispanic Scholarship Opportunities
- MOLIS: the Minority On-Line Information Service
- National Physical Science Consortium Graduate Fellowships for Minorities and Women in the Physical Sciences
- National Women's Studies Association Awards and Scholarships
- The Paul and Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans
- United Negro College Fund
- Web Sites 4 Diversity Enhancement in Science
University-Specific Fellowships and Financial Support
- Be sure to search your specific university of interest for fellowships, assistantships, scholarships and other financial support information.
Fellowship Internet Resources and Websites
- Andrew W. Mellon Fellowships in Humanistic Studies
- AT&T Labs Fellowship Program
- Biological Sciences Funding Support
- Fannie and John Hertz Foundation (Physical Sciences)
- Fellowships for Science, Engineering and Business Students
- Graduate Fellowship Programs
- National Academies Fellowship & Postdoc Opportunities
- NASA/Graduate Student Researchers Program
- NASA/Texas Space Grant Consortium
- National Defense Science & Engineering Fellowships
- National Research Council Fellowship Programs Unit
- National Science Foundation
- Social Sciences Research Council Programs
- US Government Research Funding Fellowships
Graduate Programs and Information
- College Opportunities Online "COOL"
- Graduate School Online Guide
- Graduate and Professional Study, Peterson's Guide
- U.S. Universities, Alphabetic
- Worldwide Graduate School Directory
Information on Graduate School/Teaching
- Council of Graduate Schools
- The Education Testing Service Online
- National Academy of Science
- Preparing Future Faculty
- Science's Next Wave
- FastWEB: Financial Aid Search Through the Web
- Fellowship and Grant Opportunities (UCSD Office of Graduate Studies)
- FinAid: The Financial Aid Information Page
- FreSch! The Free Scholarship Search Service
- The Online Scholarship Service
- Links to scholarships with almost no requirements, by Major, State, Minority, Religion, Fraternity and Sorority, Athletic and Special factors
Commercial Test Preparation
- The Graduate Record Exam (maintained by ETS)
- Kaplan Educational Centers
- Peterson's Education and Career Center
- The Princeton Review
U.S. Federal Government
- Gateway to U.S. Government Information and Services
- The Library of Congress
- National Institutes of Health
- National Science Foundation