University College

University College

Frequently Asked Questions about Freshman PASS

Why do I have to take this course?
UT Arlington is committed to helping students succeed academically in college. UNIV 1131 will teach freshmen the skills that are deemed important for academic success in a university setting.

What course do I sign up for?
Fall 2013 Freshman PASS students can enroll in any one of the following sections:

  • Section 001 (21170) MW 9-9:50 AM
  • Section 002 (21171) MW 10-10:50 AM
  • Section 003 (21172) MW 11-11:50 AM
  • Section 004 (21173) MW 11-11:50 AM
  • Section 005 (21174) MW 1-1:50 PM
  • Section 006 (21175) MW 2-2:50 PM
  • Section 007 (21176) MW 2-2:50 PM
  • Section 008 (21177) MW 3-3:50 PM
  • Section 009 (21178) TH 9:30-10:20 AM
  • Section 010 (21179) TH 11-11:50 AM
  • Section 011 (21180) TH 12:30-1:20 PM
  • Section 012 (25687) TH 12:30-1:20 PM
  • Section 013 (21181) TH 2-2:50 PM
  • Section 014 (25688) TH 2-2:50 PM
  • Section 015 (21182) TH 6-6:50 PM

If you have difficulty registering for one of these sections, please contact Lindsey Glasco ( in the University Advising Center for assistance.

What if I do not enroll in the course for the next term?
Students who do not enroll in the UNIV 1131 course by noon on the Friday before the first week of classes will be dropped from all of their courses for the term. Students who do not enroll in any courses at UT Arlington for the following term will be required to take the course when they return to the University.

Once the semester has begun, can I drop the UNIV 1131 course?

No. It is required that students complete this course to improve the chances of future academic success.

Will this course count toward my major?
It depends on the department of your major. Some major departments will use UNIV 1131 as elective credit on the degree plan; however, some departments do not. Meet with your academic advisor in your major department to find out the answer to this question.

Can I receive financial aid for this course?
If you are eligible to receive financial aid for full-time enrollment during the term that UNIV 1131 is taken, this course is eligible to be covered by your current financial aid package. However, additional financial aid will not be granted for additional coursework. Contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships for more information regarding your financial aid package.

Does the UNIV 1131 course that I must take for the Freshman PASS program count toward the accumulated hours for the Excessive Undergraduate Hours policy (also referred to as Floating 30)?
Yes, this course will count as one hour of credit toward the 30-hour limit in accordance with the Excessive Undergraduate Hours.

Will the UNIV 1131 course count toward the hours accumulated for a Tuition Rebate?
Yes, it will apply one hour toward the three hours allowed for the rebate. Contact the Office of Records for more information about the Tuition Rebate.

Who can I contact if I have more questions about Freshman PASS?
Contact Lindsey Glasco ( in the University Advising Center. Please provide your name and MavID number in your email.