Maverick Transition and Success Center
The Maverick Transition and Success Center (MavTASC) supports transfer and transitioning students as they identify, pursue and achieve their educational goals. We encourage these students to establish meaningful connections within the community through intentional and innovative interactions. Furthermore, the Maverick Transition and Success Center guides these students as they take responsibility for their professional and personal goals.
The Maverick Transition and Success Center (MavTASC) provides support to empower students to successfully transition to their major and the campus community. We strive to enhance an institutional culture that embraces diversity and support students with a foundation for achievement and success.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify University Core Curriculum requirements
- Know and utilize Academic Support Services.
- Learn and understand UT Arlington’s policies and procedures.
- Provide the Academic Advisor with accurate information.
- Follow through with action plans created during the advising session.
- Ask your Academic Advisor for help.
- Understand and accept that you are ultimately responsible for your education and your decisions.
- Value your educational goals.
Academic Advisor Learning Outcomes
- Know University academic policies and procedures
- Monitor student’s educational progress.
- Know campus resources.
- Communicate in a professional manner with students and colleagues.
- Build relationships with other departments on campus to support MAavTASC goal
- Know how to use technology to engage with students
- Interpret career and educational assessments
- Represent MavTASC at campus events