Complete your degree, begin your career...
If you're eager to graduate and get a job, check out UT Arlington's Bachelor of Science degree in University Studies. This program puts you on the fast track to earning a degree by maximizing your existing credit hours through an individualized curriculum.
Designed for students seeking options beyond the traditional university majors, the program features a breadth of study in a range of academic disciplines that prepares you for a variety of career paths. When you earn a University Studies degree, you'll graduate with a broad-based education in at least three subject areas. And you'll be one step closer to launching your career.
What can University Studies do for you?
- Synchronize coursework to help you graduate faster.
- Provide a foundation to begin your career.
- Re-focus your academic goals.
- Provide options for applying your existing hours toward a degree.
- Hone your skills in important areas such as communication, critical thinking, project management and problem solving.
- Make you a more appealing candidate to potential employers.
Who should apply?
- Students who find that a traditional major doesn't meet their needs.
- Former students who want to return to UT Arlington and complete their degrees.
- Transfer students who are unsure about what major to pursue.
- Transfer students who want to accelerate their graduation but have numerous hours that don't easily apply to a major.
- UT Arlington students unable meet the academic requirements to enter or graduate from another major.
- Please Note: The Bachelor of Science in University Studies is not open to students who have already earned an undergraduate bachelor’s degree. Students seeking a second bachelor’s degree should select another major area for the continuation of their studies.
What are the program requirements?
- You must have 60 or more credit hours to be admitted to the program.
- You must complete an online application.
- Once admitted, you must complete 24 hours from a primary and 21 hours from a secondary content area for a total of 45 hours. Hours earned before entering the program may be used to satisfy degree requirements..
- At least 18 hours of the content areas must be 3000/4000 level courses; 12 hours from the primary content area and 6 hours from the secondary content area. No more than 15 hours from the College of Business can be used in a content area.
- A maximum of 30 hours from the College of Business is allowed for a University Studies degree.
- Courses completed as part of the core curriculum cannot be used to satisfy the content areas.
You may choose your from the following:
- AREA I: Art, Media, Humanities
- AREA II: Business, Community Studies, Social Science
- AREA III: Engineering, Health & Wellness, Physical Science