MARK Advisor Training
Mission: MARK (Maverick Advisors Reaching for Knowledge) training aims to provide UT Arlington advisors with professional development to enhance advising services for students and to understand the role of advising within the campus community.
MARK Training was launched in Fall 2007 and is comprised of three Tiers:
- Tier 1 (Beginner) – offered Fall and Spring
- know university policies and procedures
- understand how to successfully communicate with students
- identify appropriate campus resources for referrals
- utilize the tools and resources needed to be an effective advisor
- Tier 2 (Intermediate) – offered each Fall
prerequisite: completion of Tier 1 Certificate
- build self-awareness
- identify and utilize personal strengths
- formulate a personal advising mission statement
- understand the factors that impact student persistence
- Tier 3 (Advanced) - coming soon
Advisors who complete all modules in a Tier and pass the assessment at the end will receive a Certificate of Completion and will be recognized at the May UTAAA luncheon.
Please contact Emily Milam at email@example.com if you have questions or suggestions for the program.