University College

Tips for Referring Students

Referring a Student

Counselors are available to address your concerns about UTA students. The discussion usually involves issues related to a student's mental health or wellness that have become apparent in the classroom or in individual interactions. For more information or an appointment, please call 817-272-3671

Faculty/staff may find the brochure Faculty and Staff Guidelines for Responding to Troubled Students (PDF) to be helpful.

How do I know if this person received counseling?
Ask that person. Because counseling is confidential, we cannot inform you if the person of concern came to the Counseling and Psychological Services Center or reveal what they talked about. Therefore, the best way to find out if the person came to the Center is to follow-up directly with the student.

Mental health services for faculty/staff.
Counseling services for UT Arlington faculty and staff are available through the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at Toll Free 1-800-343-3822.