Schedule and Information
Success U is designed as a "hands-on" experience that will provide students the opportunity to preview what college will really be like. To that end, students participating in Success U should plan to stay for the entire event to get the full experience. We have created the program to allow students to explore campus, meet new people, and really get immersed in the college experience. We hope that you will enjoy yourself, come ready with questions and a desire to really get involved in discussions, and with an open-mind that is ready to learn some new things. Throughout the program, you will meet university faculty, staff, and students who are here to help you build a plan for your own personal success. Take full advantage of this opportunity to develop new skills and to ask questions as this is your chance to really concentrate on achieving your goals.
At check-in, which will take place in the Palo Duro Lounge in the University Center (across from the Plaza Food Court), students will be assigned to a specific group. We encourage you to get to know one another and consider looking for possible study group partners for the future. After the opening session, you will then set-off on a personalized schedule for the day that will see you exploring the campus, thinking critically about your own strengths, building a plan for academic success, and getting an inside view of the expectations and teaching methods of your faculty. Make sure to bring a pen or pencil and something to take notes on as you will certainly want to remember everything you experience.
Below is a look at a general schedule of events. If you are looking for specific buildings, consult our Campus Map. Students should park in one of the Student Parking Lots around campus. Please note that your personal schedule will vary from the example below.
- 8am-9am: Check-in for Success U -- Palo Duro Lounge, University Center
- Bring your MavExpress Student ID Card for Express Check-In
- You will get your personalized Success U schedule and your official Success U t-shirt when you check-in.
- 9am-10am: Success U's Opening Assembly -- Bluebonnet Ballroom, University Center
- Join Blaze, the UT Arlington Cheer and Dance Teams, and our university's President for a rousing introduction to campus and our official kick-off for Success U
- 10am-noon: Success U content session
- noon-1:00pm: Lunch -- University Center
- 1:00pm-3:00pm: Success U content sessions
- 3:30pm-7pm: MavsMeet New Student Convocation and After Party
- MavsMeet is a formal assembly commemorating the beginning of the academic year and a tradition at UT Arlington. Students, faculty, and staff from across the university will converge on College Park to be welcomed officially the President, Provost, Student Congress President, and a distinguished UT Arlington faculty speaker. Immediately following the program, the MavsMeet After Party kicks off with live music, free food, games, and activities. You won't want to miss out on this special UT Arlington tradition.
What to bring with you to Success U
Students should make sure to bring the following with them to Success U:
- MavExpress Student ID Card
- Pen or Pencil
- Notebook or paper
- Copy of their class schedule for the fall semester
- Extra spending money in case you want a snack or drink during the day
- A light jacket or zip-up (some rooms can get chilly as the air conditioner works to keep the buildings cool)
- A baseball cap or personal fan (students will be outside from time to time changing buildings. If you are heat sensitive, please keep this in mind)
- Your Student Parking Permit (this must be put in the lower, passenger side corner of your windshield. Go to your MyMav Student Center to order your permit if you have not already done so.)
- Questions about your transition into UT Arlington
Reminder and confirmation emails will be sent to each student's UT Arlington email address on or around August 16th. Let us know if you have any additional questions by emailing email@example.com.
All of us at UT Arlington look forward to seeing you at Success U!