University College

University College

Learning Communities

UT Arlington's Learning Communities are all housed on-campus in Arlington Hall, Kalpana Chawla (KC) Hall, and Vandergriff residence halls. General learning communities serve as a geographic boundary within residence halls where like-minded majors can live together, attend major- or interest-oriented programming, and rely on one another for academic and social support. For example, nursing and kinesiology majors can occupy the same area of Arlington Hall. We call that area a "learning community" and to assist students in identifying with their learning community, we give it a fun name like "Health Lifestyles." Any learning community can serve as the home to several Freshmen Interest Groups. To join a general learning community, apply for campus housing and indicate a preference for one of the newest residence halls and your learning community.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to live in KC Hall to be in a Learning Community?
No, the Learning Communities are spread out over three residence halls.  Currently KC Hall is home to the Engineering Your Future and the Science and Discovery LCs.  Arlington Hall is home to the Business Incorporated, Designing the 21st Century, and the Healthy Lifestyles LCs.  Vandergriff Hall is home to the Arts & Society, Honors College, and Terry Scholars LCs.

Is there an application fee to be a Maverick Scholar?
There are no fees associated with the Maverick Scholar program. You pay for the courses you register for each semester and any housing fees associated with any contracts you sign with UT Arlington's Housing Office or Dining Services.

Do I need to be admitted before I can apply?
No, you can apply at any time by following these instructions.

learning communities