Student Veteran Peer Academic Leaders and Study Groups
The transition from military service to college student can be challenging. Our Student Veteran Peer Academic Leaders are here to help make that transition as easy as possible by offering workshops, study groups, and one-on-one mentoring to fellow vets. Our PALs office out of the third floor of Ransom Hall and are available to offer assistance with a variety of needs, such as:
- Developing academic skills
- Addressing common transition concerns
- Building a time managment plan
- Referrals to campus resources
- Finding community with other student veterans across campus
Sir Jones: Graduate Student - Education - Army
Office Hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1pm to 3pm in Ransom Hall 3rd Floor Study Lounge.
Isaac Martinez: Undergraduate - Social Work - Marines
Office Hours: Mondays and Wednesdays from noon to 2pm in Ransom Hall 3rd Floor Study Lounge.
Study groups offer a great way to meet other student veterans while also receiving assistance in some of the core class offerings at UT Arlington. Students are invited to bring homework problems or questions and engage with tutors and fellow veterans to gain a better understanding of the material All Student Veteran Study Groups will be held in the Veterans Assistance Center.
- September 16, 2013 at 2pm-4pm
- September 30, 2013 at 2pm-4pm
- October 14, 2013 at 2pm-4pm
- October 28, 2013 at 2pm-4pm
- November 11, 2013 at 2pm-4pm