Student Veteran Peer Academic Leaders and Study Groups
The transition from military service to college student can be challenging. Our Student Veteran Peer Academic Leaders are here to help make that transition as easy as possible by offering workshops, study groups, and one-on-one mentoring to fellow vets. Our PALs office out of the third floor of Ransom Hall and are available to offer assistance with a variety of needs, such as:
- Developing academic skills
- Addressing common transition concerns
- Building a time managment plan
- Referrals to campus resources
- Finding community with other student veterans across campus
Cassandra Farmer: Exercise Science - Navy
Office Hours: Wednesdays from 11am to 1pm in Ransom Hall 3rd Floor Study Lounge.
Study groups offer a great way to meet other student veterans while also receiving assistance in some of the core class offerings at UT Arlington. Students are invited to bring homework problems or questions and engage with tutors and fellow veterans to gain a better understanding of the material All Student Veteran Study Groups will be held in the Veterans Assistance Center.
- February 26, 2014 at 2pm-4pm
- March 19, 2014 at 2pm-4pm
- April 2, 2014 at 2pm-4pm
- April 16, 2014 at 2pm-4pm
- April 30, 2014 at 2pm-4pm