Student Veteran Peer Academic Leaders and Study Groups
The transition from military service to college student can be challenging. Our Student Veteran Peer Academic Leaders are here to help make that transition as easy as possible by offering workshops, study groups, and one-on-one mentoring to fellow vets. Our PALs office out of the third floor of Ransom Hall and are available to offer assistance with a variety of needs, such as:
- Developing academic skills
- Addressing common transition concerns
- Building a time management plan
- Referrals to campus resources
- Finding community with other student veterans across campus
Cassandra Farmer: Exercise Science - Navy
Office Hours: Tuesdays from 12pm to 2pm in the Veteran Assistance Center.
Study groups offer a great way to meet other student veterans while also receiving assistance in some of the core class offerings at UT Arlington. Students are invited to bring homework problems or questions and engage with tutors and fellow veterans to gain a better understanding of the material All Student Veteran Study Groups will be held in the Veterans Assistance Center.
- September 2, 2014 at 12-2pm
- September 16, 2014 at 12-2pm
- September 30, 2014 at 12-2pm
- October 14, 2014 at 12-2pm
- October 28, 2014 at 12-2pm
- November 11, 2014 at 12-2pm