If you want to go to a four-year university, community college, or professional training program, you’ll need to take a few steps to make your dream a reality. Here are some helpful resources to help you meet your college and career goals.
- CHCI College Preparatory Kit for High School Students (Materiales de CHCI para Preparar a Estudiantes de Secundaria para la Universidad)
- Plan Your Big Future: A college planning guide from The College Board.
- Make the most of your summer vacation: 100 Best-Ever Teen Novels
- CollegeBoard infographic: How to read literature
- Pre-college suggested reading list
- Starting with the 2014-15 school year, 8th-grade students will choose an endorsement or area of study to focus on when they enter high school. For more information, see Dallas ISD's Pick Your Path: Developing Your Graduation Plan.
- SAT Math Prep at University Crossroads
- Bloomberg Businessweek gives the most-tested math concepts on the SAT
- Register for the SAT and sign up to take practice tests
- Register for the ACT and get tips on college planning, financial aid and career advice
- ACT-SAT Concordance: A Tool for Comparing Scores
- Mountain View College TSI Boot Camp 2015-16
- ACT College and Career Readiness Workshops
College Admission Strategies
- The College Board offers a step-by-step guide to how to apply to schools
- HuffPost College explains how to stand out on your college applications
- Ten college application essay guiding questions
GenerationTX Year by Year Planning Guides
- Use one application to apply to multiple Texas public universities and participating community and private colleges with ApplyTexas