Senior Calendar of Events
The Summer BRIDGE Program was established to assist participants with their transition from high school to college
Financial Aid Information
Visionary Youth Scholarships
Upward Bound Bridge participants are eligible for a four-year renewable scholarship per year to assist with continuing their education at UT Arlington.
All recipients must enroll at UT Arlington the fall semester following completion of the BRIDGE program. Recipients must maintain full-time status (12hrs) and a minimum grade point average to retain their scholarship for up to four years.
|Completion of First Year
|Completion of Second Year
|Completion of Third Year
|Completion of Fourth Year
Following high school graduation, UB participants can earn up to 6 hours of college credit and at no cost to themselves or their families. The program is held during the second summer session at UT-Arlington. There is also no obligation or commitment to stay at UT-Arlington after the conclusion of the Bridge Program.
Academic success is the focus of the Bridge Program, as students are provided with resources such as tutoring, academic advising, and weekly academic success seminars. During the five-week summer session, students also participate in cultural activities and enjoy leisure activities in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
The Summer Bridge Program Provides the following:
- Residential housing on campus
- Books, supplies and tutorial sessions needed for successful completion of course work (Course work is transferable to most other institutions of higher education)
- Opportunities to visit scientific and career related institutions
- Seminars that will give the studentsí knowledge, skills, and resources necessary to be successful during their first year of college and beyond
The Bridge 2014 Application is now CLOSED!
Acceptances will be e-mailed to applicants in early May. In order to be eligible to Bridge, current UB participants must:
- Complete & Submit Bridge Application
- Be Accepted to UT-Arlington for Summer 2014
- Submit your FAFSA 2014-2015 to UT-Arlington by April 1, 2014
- Be active, engaged, and involved with UB throughout the academic year
Instructions and Bridge Policies are on the application. Please make sure to follow all directions when completing the application.
The Priority Deadline is Monday, March 3, 2014!
The Regular Deadline is Monday, March 31, 2014!!
There will be no extensions granted under any circumstance. Please contact Mr. Zapata if you have any questions, comments, and/or concerns.