Senior Calendar of Events
The Summer BRIDGE Program was established to assist participants with their transition from high school to college
Financial Aid Information
Visionary Youth Scholarships
Upward Bound Bridge participants are eligible for a four-year renewable scholarship per year to assist with continuing their education at UT Arlington.
All recipients must enroll at UT Arlington the fall semester following completion of the BRIDGE program. Recipients must maintain full-time status (12hrs) and a minimum grade point average to retain their scholarship for up to four years.
|Completion of First Year
|Completion of Second Year
|Completion of Third Year
|Completion of Fourth Year
Following high school graduation, seniors can earn 6 hours of college credit and receive free tuition, books, housing, food, and recreation at no cost to themselves or their families. The program is held during the second summer session at UT Arlington.
Academic success is the focus of the Bridge Program, as students are provided with resources such as daily tutoring, academic advising, and weekly academic success seminars. During the five-week summer session, students also participate in cultural activities and enjoy leisure activities in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
The Summer Bridge Program Provides the Following:
- Payment of tuition to enroll full-time as a UT Arlington freshman
- Residential housing on campus
- Books, supplies and tutorial sessions needed for successful completion of course work
- Training and development workshops to acquaint student with resources on college campuses
- Opportunities to visit scientific and career related institutions
All Applicants Must:
- Complete Bridge Application - Due February 1st
- Submit a student resume
- Submit a copy of your most recent grade report
- Be accepted to UT - Arlington for the Summer Semester after high school graduation