Enrollment isn't the only thing blossoming
- Money from government grants and contracts increased from
$21.4 million in 1998-99 to $30.9 million in 2001-02, a 44.6
- 2,185 students graduated in May, the largest number ever for
any UTA commencement.
- From 1997 to 2002, money raised through the Annual Fund more
than tripled to $853,000.
- The number of students eating on campus is up 5 percent
over last year. Among the food they consumed: 6,120 pounds
of cheese pizza, 17,850 gallons of soda and juice, and 15,950
pounds of french fries.
- In the last five years, UTA’s budget has increased 34.5
percent to more than $247 million.
- A record 3,400 students lived on campus in fall 2002, and
a record 7,500 were members of student organizations.
- Since 1999, UTA has added nearly 500,000 square feet of building
space, with plans for an additional 469,500 by 2005.
- 1,820 students graduated last December, the largest number
ever for a fall commencement.
- Internet course offerings have increased from 33 to 63 since
2000, a 91 percent rise.
- Since 1998, the number of first-time undergraduates applying
for admission has more than doubled to nearly 5,000.