Project Team Activities
The UT Arlington project team members are comprised of individuals from Business Affairs and Human Resources whose responsibilities include:
- Identifying and documenting existing business processes.
- Attending training sessions to learn and understand how PeopleSoft is designed from a functional and technical viewpoint.
- Participating in the Fit/Gap phase through configuration, system testing, and deployment.
- Shaping and documenting the future business processes.
- Identifying the critical state, federal, coordinating board, and departmental reporting requirements.
- Preparing for and executing the initial cycles of testing the new business processes in PeopleSoft.
- Preparing for and delivering end user training to the campus community.
- Act as Subject Matter Experts once the PeopleSoft applications have been deployed in a production environment.
What We're Doing Now
The Human Capital Management (HCM) and Financial Management System (FMS) team members are currently working on a few residual activities from Phase II: Analyze & Design and Phase III: Configure & Develop; however, the primary focus is on Phase IV: Test & Train. The team recently completed System Testing and is preparing for Integration Testing and end user training. During this phase our team is testing the end-to-end business processes, customizations, reports, interfaces, security, and workflow. We will also prepare for and deliver training to the end user community. In addition to testing and training, we continue to validate the data converted from the legacy systems, and will soon begin Phase V: Deploy & Optimize which includes the cutover activities from the legacy systems to the new PeopleSoft applications.Please feel free to contact Jeannie Deakyne at firstname.lastname@example.org or Connie James at email@example.com if you have questions regarding these activities.