DEI Professional Development Opportunities
Diversity Certificate Program
for UTA Faculty and Staff
UT Arlington's Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) are launching a new Diversity Certificate Program available to all faculty and staff. This program partners with subject matter experts to accelerate UTA’s diversity efforts while offering professional development programming to participants. Additionally, the program will help further the Office of DEI’s mission of enhancing UTA's welcoming, engaging, and inclusive environment and educating employees on how to actively foster and support DEI principles in the workplace. This program is open to all UTA employees, and participation is encouraged but not mandatory.
About the Program
The Diversity Certificate Program is comprised of two core workshops all participants are required to complete along with a minimum of five electives. Participants are encouraged to take workshops and electives in whatever order helps resolve immediate business challenges and support professional development needs.
All participants can take each of the program’s two core workshops.
- Diversity in the Workplace
- Principles of Community
All participants must choose and complete a minimum of five electives, some of the titles of the workshops are listed below.
- Membership has its privilege
- Leveraging emotional intelligence
- Bystander intervention
- Serving those who serve
- Digital accessibility-Word documents, PowerPoint, PDF
- Implicit Bias
- Change your world
- Racial equity-Habit building
- Facing racism and the emotional tax in the workplace
- Respect in the workplace-Title IX
- Cross-cultural communication
- Search committee - Interrupting bias
- Managing different generations
- Fostering a climate of inclusion, sensitivity, and respect
- The role of the department and search chair in the hiring process
Benefits of Participation
Participating in and completing the Diversity Certificate Program will equip you with the tools to create and commit to organizational priorities, such as mitigating bias in hiring, conducting inclusive meetings, and building diverse relationships with stakeholders.
Set yourself apart by gaining the skills you need to:
- Hire and foster an inclusive team
- Communicate effectively and value diverse perspectives
Through the completion of this certificate, you will:
- Develop the competencies needed to understand DEI as a competitive advantage
- Learn from facilitators with real-world experience in navigating, managing, and leading cultural diversity and inclusion initiatives
- After completing seven workshops, you will receive a certificate at a ceremonial event
How to Enroll
You can enroll in the Diversity Certificate Program by sending your name and department to firstname.lastname@example.org and put DCP in the subject line.
There is no cost associated with enrollment in this program. By enrolling, we can help track your progress toward completing the certificate and keep you informed about upcoming programs and professional development opportunities.Enroll Now
Workshops in the Diversity Certificate Program begin during the remainder of the fall 2021 term. Upcoming workshop session dates can be found on the DEI Training page.
NOTE: You may submit to email@example.com (one) workshop that you have taken within the past 12 months to be counted towards your seven. Include the title, date, and hours of the workshop.