The discipline of accounting is much more than mundane bookkeeping. Accounting is about the foundation for business success. Accounting majors may choose to become a partner in an international accounting firm, the owner of a CPA practice, or a corporate controller or chief financial officer.
View in catalog
The business field of study components changed effective Fall 2019. Please check with your advisor if you have questions about which catalog year is more appropriate for you.
- Accounting - BBA
- Accounting - BS
- Accounting - MS
- Professional Accounting - MPA
- Taxation - MS
- Accounting - PhD
What Will I Learn?
- Use and control information technology systems
- Prepare and analyze financial reports
- Structure business transactions
- Develop effective business plans.
- Principles of Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- Principles of Federal Income Tax
- Accounting Analysis
- Software Tools
- Operational Auditing
- Tax Planning and Research
All Major Courses
- Partner in an international accounting or consulting firm
- Corporate controller
- Chief financial officer
- Director of internal auditing
- Financial planner
- Commercial lender