Students choose to study History at UTA for many different reasons. Some have a passion for learning and creating. Others enjoy analyzing evidence, forming their own arguments, and engaging in spirited debate. All are curious about the world around them and want to understand how it came to be.
Journey across time and place, explore diverse societies and cultures, discover the connections that link present to past, and make your own History!
View in catalog
- History - BA, MA
- History (Pre-Law Option) - BA
- History with Secondary Social Studies Teacher Certification - BA
- History with Secondary History Teacher Certification - BA
- Transatlantic History - PhD
What Will I Learn?
- History of ideas about disability, the historical lives of people with disabilities, and the history of disability policy
- Geographical perspectives
- Geographic research
- Ecological change
- Conservation movements
- Artistic and literary interpretations of landscape and nature
- Physical Geography
- Human Geography
- Reading the Landscape
- Environmental History of the United States
- The Spatial Humanities
All Major Courses
- Elementary Teacher
- Secondary Teacher
- Higher Education Lecturer