The School of Social Work strives to educate leaders to create community partnerships for promoting a just society. The School promotes the highest standards of integrity and excellence in research, teaching and service, and creates collaborative scholarly and educational opportunities for students and the community, with the goal of achieving a just society.
View in catalog
- Bachelor of Social Work - BSW
- Master of Social Work - MSW
What Will I Learn?
- All three programs offer challenging courses, internships, and practicums designed to teach practice knowledge and skills while instilling the value orientations of the profession.
- Economics of social issues
- Topics in women's and gender studies
- Diverse populations
- In the BSW program, we prepare students for a wide range of entry level, generalist practice, social service positions.
- In the MSW program students prepare for advanced level positions with specializations in either direct clinical practice with families and children, mental health and substance abuse, aging, or health, or in community and administrative practice.
- In the PhD program students are prepared for positions in academia where they can teach and continue research in areas of importance to the social work profession.