The Executive MBA Program - Asia
High quality Graduate Education for Managers and Executives
The Executive MBA program is designed to provide high-quality, graduate management education to mid-level and upper-level managers and executives. The program covers all functional areas of business management and will have an international focus in its course offerings. Other program content themes can include project management, total quality management, and strategic resource alignment.
The International EMBA is designed for mid-career professionals and upper-level managers who cannot afford the time required away from their jobs to earn a degree on a campus. Established in 2002, the program prepares professionals in China for global leadership positions. Many of the program's alumni hold senior or top leadership posts in State-owned Enterprises (SOEs) as well as joint ventures and private enterprises. UT Arlington's EMBA program has a uniquely broad alumni network in China with more than 2,500 graduates.
The EMBA program lasts approximately 18-24 months and is offered in a lock-step fashion, where each student takes the same course at the same time.
The program consists of 12 courses (36 credit hours) that cover all functional areas of business. A single course is offered every 6-8 weeks. Each course requires a total of 45 hours of student effort/work. This is accomplished through a combination of web-based assignments, face-to-face lectures by faculty from the partner university (under the direction of the UT Arlington faculty responsible for the course), guest lectures by local and international business leaders, and an intensive 4-day (32-36 hours) face-to-face immersion in the subject matter by UT Arlington faculty.
Each cohort begins with an opening ceremony and an orientation/information session followed by team-building activities. The team approach is used extensively throughout the program and students learn from each other as much as they learn from their coursework and faculty.
After successful completion of the program, graduates will earn the same AACSB-accredited EMBA degree as the one earned by UT Arlington students based in the United States, as well as a certificate from the local partner university. The UT Arlington EMBA degree earned in China is approved and recognized by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
Criteria for Admission
The UT Arlington EMBA admission process takes a holistic view of the candidate to determine the likelihood of success in the program and the extent to which each candidate will contribute to the overall success of the class. Factors taken into account in evaluating a candidate include:
- Completion of a four-year undergraduate degree or internationally recognized equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of professional work experience, with 2 years of managerial experience
- High potential for advancement and proven academic capability
- Ability to contribute to the Executive MBA experience
- Ability to read, write and speak English. If candidates do not have standardized tests results (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS), they will be required to take an in-house English test and pass an oral English interview. This requirement is waived for custom-designed cohorts for companies or government entities, which are taught in Mandarin.
- Strong interest in a U.S. educational experience
Official Documents Required by UT Arlington for Admission
* (For Chinese universities, a copy of the original document with a university official red stamp will be acceptable. Both Chinese and official English versions are required.)
Please contact local office for the latest program fee. The program fee includes all teaching materials and access to UT Arlington online resources, as well as the physical and online resources of the partner university. Participants are responsible for any accommodation and travel expenses. An application fee of RMB 1,000 is also required.
- Students who attend the graduation ceremony in the U.S. will be responsible for all costs incurred, including travel and local transportation.
- Cost of graduation regalia for attending the graduation ceremony at UT Arlington and photos taken by professional photographers during the graduation ceremony.
- Verification of Certificate at CSCSE (Chinese Service Center for Scholarly Exchange), Ministry of Education, PRC.
- Additional copies of degree and transcripts.
UTA EMBA Liaison Office
Room 304, Jing Guan Building,
University of Science and Technology Beijing,
30 Xueyuan Road, Beijing 100083, China
Tel: 010-82375119, 13522063298
Tongji-UTA EMBA office
Add: C403 Section C, Sino-French Center Building, Tongji University,
No.1239 Siping Rd, Shanghai 200092 China
School of Management,
Xi’An Jiaotong University
28 Xianning West Road, Xi An, 710049 China
Dr. Carol Hsiao, Professor
Executive Director of UTA EMBA Program in Taiwan & Southeast Asia region
Rm. 322, 3F., Guanghua Building, NTUT, No. 1, Sec. 3, Zhongxiao E. Rd., Da’an Dist., Taipei City 106, Taiwan
Tel: + 886-02-8772-0808
Website (Chinese): http://www.utataiwan.com.tw/
Dr. Jack Fei Yang, Professor
Executive Associate Director of UTA EMBA Program in Taiwan & Southeast Asia region
Cell(CN): 13521518649 (WeChat)
Cell(TW): +886914055188 (Whatsapp)