ABOUT THE AWARD
Beginning in 2017, Termini Research and Travel Fellowships have supported undergraduate student engagement with research and experiences that directly contribute to their pursuit of a career in anthropology.
The Termini Student Award seeks to enhance student research skills and provide students with experiences beyond the classroom.
Examples of previous funded proposals include: (listed in order of funding priority)
- Support for research projects
- Travel to present research at conferences or to collect data
- Support for field schools or training workshops
Award amounts vary but are typically between $500 and $750, with $750 being in the upper limit.
- Applicants must be Anthropology Majors and current UTA students for the full duration of the award period. If the award period is during the summer, they do not need to be registered for classes, but they cannot have already graduated.
- Recipients must be in good academic standing.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously received a Termini Award, but applicants with particularly meritorious proposals may be funded.
- Applicants with proposals tied to faculty research projects are particularly encouraged to apply.
WHAT TO SUBMIT WITH YOUR APPLICATION
- A statement of academic / professional goals (1 - 2 pages).
- A description of how you will use the award (1 - 2 pages).
- An itemized budget showing the specific costs involved.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Contact any UTA Anthropology Faculty to discuss your application as early as possible.
Email your application to Dr. Naomi Cleghorn, with the subject line - Termini Student Award Application.
The deadline for applications is March 15th!