UTA MENTORSHIP MENTOR AWARDS/NOMINATION
Mentees can nominate exceptional mentors for Mentor of the Year awards. Each college could be presented with a Mentor of the Year award. Nominated mentors can either be tenured or non-tenured faculty members.
Part of the nomination process includes the mentee identifying specific characteristics, attributes, and behaviors which caused the mentor to exceed in their role and responsibilities as a mentor. Questions the mentee is asked to nominate their mentor include:
- What did your mentor do that exceeded in their roles and responsibilities a mentor?
- How did you mentor demonstrate exceptional leadership and support?
- What strategies/guidance did your mentor provide that had the greatest impact/result upon your teaching practices?
- What strategies/guidance did your mentor provide that had the greatest impact/result upon your research/service areas?
- Why do you believe your mentor should be Mentor of the Year?
Nominations from the mentee are due by May 31st and are reviewed by the Mentorship Committee.
Winning Mentor of Year recipients will receive: Recognition of this awarded achievement occurs during the Fall Faculty/Staff Banquet and UTA/College social media outlets and communication boards; Certificate of Accomplishment that can be included in any annual review or tenure and promotion dossier; and professional funds.
Mentees can find the Mentor of the Year Nominations Form at: https://common.forms.uta.edu/view.php?id=959494