Any prospective undergraduate student who has been denied admission is eligible to appeal the decision with the exception of applicants to the Honors Academy at UTA and students on suspension at another institution. If you feel there are other circumstances that should be considered in your admission application, then an appeal may be the right option for you. When an appeal is submitted, the Admissions Review Committee re-examines your application file, your appeal request, and supporting documents to review the initial decision on your application.
The information below explains the appeal process and additional eligibility requirements.
Before submitting an appeal
There are policies that govern admissions appeals that you need to be familiar with before you file your appeal.
- Submitting an admission appeal does not guarantee admission to UT Arlington. It will only allow for a secondary review of your credentials.
- Appeals must be submitted within 30 days of your initial denial.
- Students may only appeal once per term.
- Appeal processing takes approximately 14-21 days from the day your appeal is received by the Admissions Review Committee.
How to appeal
Please follow the instructions below to submit an admission appeal.
- You will need to know your 10 digit Maverick ID number in order to submit the admission appeal form.
- Click the orange "Request Now" button to access the admission appeal form.
- In the space provided, explain why you are appealing your admission decision. Explain your academic strengths and your educational goals at UT Arlington.
- You may submit up to three letters of recommendation with your appeal. Recommendations are not required to process an appeal.
- If submitting recommendations, you must provide the names of no more than three references on the online form. UT Arlington will only consider recommendations from the people you list on the appeals form. If you have the letters, you may upload them to the form. If you do not already have the letters, they must be sent to Bethany Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 p.m. the day you submit your appeal. Any recommendation letters received after that date will not be considered.
After submitting your appeal
Once you submit your appeal it will be reviewed by the Admissions Review Committee.
find your counselor
- Appeal decisions will take 14-21 days to process from the date of your appeal.
- You will be notified of the Admissions Review Committee's decision by your admission counselor.