Application Fee & Fee Waivers

Pay your application fee or see if you qualify for an application fee waiver. The fee waiver is only for freshmen applicants.

Pay Application Fee

If you did not submit your application fee at the time of submitting your admissions application, you can pay it online.

Qualifying for a fee waiver

To qualify, an applicant, must be a United States Citizen, permanent resident, or a student identified under Senate Bill 1528 (79th Legislature, 2005) as a resident of Texas. International applicants and students seeking a second baccalaureate degree do not qualify for this waiver.

Applicants seeking to qualify for a fee waiver must demonstrate that the application fee presents a significant financial hardship.

If you're eligible for a fee waiver, you can take the SAT or SAT Subject Tests for free and access additional benefits, including free application for financial aid and fee waivers for college applications. College Board has expanded its distribution of electronic fee waiver codes to school counselors, tests coordinators, and community-based organizations to make it easier for students to access SAT fee waivers. Talk to your school counselor to determine if you're eligible, and access an electronic fee waiver code to register for the SAT.  


Requesting a fee waiver

To request a fee waiver, freshman should first select "Request fee waiver" on their Apply Texas application, and then demonstrate financial hardship by ONE of the following options using the Application Fee Waiver Request Form.

Option 1: Submit an SAT, ACT, or NACAC application fee waiver. Talk with your guidance counselor to obtain an application fee waiver form.

Option 2: Submit a copy of page one of the most recent year's income tax form (Form 1040). This form must reflect your total family income at or below the free/reduced lunch eligibility requirements.

Option 3: If you/your guardian are unable to submit page one of the income tax form, you may submit documentation showing the following:

  • I live in subsidized public housing or I am homeless.
  • My family receives public assistance
  • As provided by the Texas Education Code Sec. 54.366 and Section 54.367, I have a waiver through Texas Department of Family and Protective Services. 

Official documentation must be provided to support the request. Requests submitted without proper documentation will not be considered.