Skip to content. Skip to main navigation.

Teaching and Research Assistants

General Information

  • A teaching assistant or research assistant of any institution of higher education and their spouse and children are entitled to pay Texas resident tuition rates

Eligibility: See Texas Education Code SECTION 54.212 and 51.9095.

Required Documentation

Employment information must be complete and entered in the system. Non-UTA teaching and research assistants must provide documentation from their employing institution verifying employment.


  • TA or RA must be employed at least 50% time in a teaching or research position which relates to the assistant's degree program

Tuition, Fees and Charges


Authorizing Department(s)

  • Graduate Studies

Legal Reference