Vote Yes Green Fund
Vote Yes Green Fund
Proposal- A $5 tuition allocation per student per regular semester, $2.50 per summer semester, to be designated toward Green Fund for University-wide Sustainability Initiatives
The Green Fund provides resources to further the Sustainability Initiative on campus with awards to students, staff, and faculty for projects that model environmentally, economically, and socially sustainable practices in the campus community.
The Fund also provides the unique opportunity for students to have a direct impact on campus sustainability and obtain experience implementing and leading campus projects.
Possible Projects and programs funded by this Fund
- Recycling including electronic waste recycling for students
- Expanding the composting program for pre and post waste food waste
- Shoes Recycling
- Reducing the use pf plastic bags and Styrofoam
- Bee Campus USA certification
- Sustainable dining including an Urban Farm on campus
- Climate Action Plan
- Biking infrastructure including bike racks, Bike Barn and more bike repair stations on campus
- Water filling stations
- Travel and Speaker Grants for students and faculty
- Student Internships with the Office of Sustainability
How Will The Fund Work?
As an area of Focus in UT Arlington’s Strategic plan, the Office of Sustainability’s mission is to advance the principles of sustainability (Social, Environmental, Economic) by educating and empowering faculty, students, staff, and community.
News and Events
03/01/2022 | The Shorthorn | Student Senate passes resolutions relating to green fund
During a general body meeting Tuesday, the Student Senate passed three resolutions, including the potential creation of a green fund and fee. -- Read More --
02/23/2022 | The Shorthorn | How UTA’s proposed green fund could expand the campus’ sustainability efforts
Student Senate recently introduced a resolution to poll the student body on implementing a green fund that could bolster existing sustainability initiatives and help fund new ones. -- Read More --