University Center Suite 150
301 W First Street
Arlington, Texas 76019
Residence Halls Policies
Residence Hall Application Policies
Fall/Spring 2021-2022 Contract Period
To provide reasonable consideration to current residents who want to return to the residence halls and to extend opportunities to new housing applicants, available residence hall contracts shall be assigned to residence hall applicants based on the following timeline.
- New applicants who apply between October 2020 February 8, 2021 will select a specific residence hall and room type beginning December 2020. These students will have Priority 2 Room Selection.
- Current residence hall students will be able to re-contract for a specific residence hall and room type beginning February 9, 2021 through February 12, 2021. Current residents must be current in the payment of all housing and meal plan charges to be eligible to re-contract for a space for the Fall/Spring 2020-2021 contract period. These students will have Priority 1 Room Selection.
- All residence hall applicants will be able to select a specific residence hall and room type from remaining spaces beginning mid-February 2021.
In all instances, assignment to available spaces shall be offered on a first-come, first-served basis according to the applicant’s status as noted above, then according to applicant’s residence hall application date.
Room Space Assignment Priority:
To provide reasonable consideration to current residents who want to return to the residence halls and to extend opportunities to new housing residents, available residence hall room spaces shall be assigned to residence hall contract holders based on the following priority status.
- RLC Priority Selection Status: First-time college students who have selected a Residential Learning Community preference will have the opportunity to select an RLC room space April 1 – 7, 2021.
- Priority One Selection Status: Current residence hall residents will be able to select specific room spaces beginning April 27, 2021 through April 30, 2021. Room space selection priority is as follows:
- April 29, 2021 - Select an available space in your same Residence Hall.
- April 29 – May 1, 2021 - Select any available space in the hall you re-contracted for.
- Priority Two Selection Status: All residence hall contract holders.
- Room selection for all contract holders will begin on May 3, 2021.
In all instances, assignment to available bed spaces shall be offered on a first-come, first-served basis according to student’s priority status as noted above, then according to student’s contract accepted date.
Students may use the Housing Application to search for and match with prospective roommates. Roommates are not confirmed until both students have assigned themselves to the same room space. If students assign themselves to different room spaces, they will not be roommates. Availability of room spaces adequate to accommodate roommate pairs is not guaranteed.
- Priority roommate matching will occur through April 30. Students who match by April 30 have the best chance to successfully secure a room together.
- Roommate matches are requests and are not guaranteed under any circumstances. There are several reasons changes could be made after a successful match including, contract cancellation, consolidation, or change in RLC status.
The following policies shall also apply:
- Housing Eligibility: Application for housing is separate from application to the University of Texas at Arlington. Acceptance as a student is acknowledged only through the Office of Admissions and is not a prerequisite for applying for housing; however, applicants must be accepted for admission to the University prior to a residence hall assignment being offered.
- Enrollment Requirement: Residents must maintain enrollment in a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester to be eligible to reside in the residence halls.
- Early Application Encouraged: To increase the likelihood of being offered available housing, early residence hall application is encouraged.
- Limited Availability and Contingency Plans: Available residence hall bed spaces are limited. In addition, the University reserves the right to further limit the number of bed spaces available to returning residents to provide opportunities for other applicants. For these reasons, residence hall applicants are encouraged to develop contingency plans in the event a residence hall bed is not available. In this instance, early application for alternate apartment accommodations is encouraged.
- Accommodation Preferences: The assignment priorities of the Housing Office are first to offer available bed spaces on campus and second to try to accommodate room type and hall preferences as noted on the application. As reservations are confirmed, housing options will become more limited. Applicants are encouraged to consider alternate room type and hall options to increase the likelihood of selecting available housing.
- Application Expiration: An applicant, who does not receive an offer before the start of the semester may complete a No-Show Day Housing Application in their AY 2020-2021 Application. Generally, a few bed spaces become available on the First Day of Classes each year because of last minute cancellations.
- Offer of Housing Property: Offers for residence halls are made by email. Applicants are contacted via their UT Arlington email account. Applicants are responsible for checking their email daily. Applicants are responsible for immediately updating their Personal Contact Details on line, if there is any change to their phone number, email address, or mailing address. Applicants are encouraged to sign up for text alerts to enhance the notification process. To receive notification via text messaging, text UTAHOUSING to 292929.
- Acceptance of Offer: To accept an offer, the applicant must respond promptly and without delay. The appropriate leasing process must be completed through the Housing Portal, or the offer will be considered void. Occupancy is not guaranteed until a $150 residence hall deposit and the required prepayment or proof of financial aid award has been received with all required documents by the dates outlined in the contract offer.
- Special Conditions – Room Space Selection and Assignment: Students with a valid contract who do not select a room space will be assigned to a space.
- Special Conditions – Consolidation: The University reserves the right to consolidate vacancies and close all or part of Residence Halls.
- You may choose any available bed space within the building during the Room Self Selection Process. However, in the event a building is scheduled to open with a significant number of vacancies, or other University needs change, you may be reassigned and consolidated to the lower floors of the building at move-in.
- Special Conditions - Accommodations for Students with Disabilities: Many properties are already accessible for students with disabilities. If you have special needs because of a disability, you must note this on your application and contact the Office for Students with Disabilities 817-272-3364. You may also visit uta.edu/disability for more information. Special requests should be made as soon as possible. Major alterations may require 4-6 weeks for completion.
- Policies Subject to Change: The University, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to make exceptions and changes to the assignment priorities and policies without prior notice and without compensation to applicants waiting for assignment to university housing.