Skip to content

The University of Texas at ArlingtonThe University of Texas at Arlington

Transfer Students

You should apply as a transfer student if you have attended another college or university after graduating from high school or receiving a GED.

student in digi fab smiling

Check out the UTA Admissions website for details regarding the transfer application process and admissions requirements. As a transfer student a big part of transferring into UTA is finding out what core classes can be transferred into the CAPPA undergraduate programs:

Bachelor of Science in Architecture

Bachelor of Science in Interior Design

The UTA Transfer Evaluation System is a resourceful tool that will help you, as a transfer student, assess which credits earned at your current or former college-level institutions will transfer to UTA and how they will transfer.

If you are transferring from a National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB) school you may be able to transfer design coursework and/or be placed in higher-level studio classes. School of Architecture faculty members determine transfer eligibility. *Due to the sequencing of our programs, each program takes a minimum of 8 semesters (4 years -fall and spring) to complete, for both new freshmen and transfer students.

Click here to access the portfolio review requirements and process. Submitted portfolios will be reviewed by the School of Architecture faculty members.