The UTA Lockheed Martin Career Development Center offers several personality and interest assessments to help students understand and match their skills, interests and values with various career possibilities, as well as accessing information about careers and educational programs. We provide the following career resources to assist you in your career exploration.
Focus 2 Career Assessment
FOCUS 2 is a self-paced, online career and education planning tool for college students that is designed to help you make decisions about future career goals and education plans. FOCUS 2 provides five self-assessments to help you identify your top work interests, values, skills, personality type, and leisure time interests and explore occupations and major areas of study compatible with your personal attributes. Students use FOCUS 2 to help choose or change their major and also to verify their choice of a career field.
To get started on FOCUS 2:
- First time users: Create a new account. Use the following ACCESS CODE when prompted: Maverick
- Returning users: Log on (using the account you have already created
The Strong generates an in-depth assessment of your interests among a broad range of occupations, work and leisure activities, and educational subjects. To reveal your interest patterns, it presents results on a variety of complementary themes and scales:
- General Occupational Themes map out broad interest patterns to describe personalities and preferred work environments.
- Basic Interest Scales provide more specific information about areas of interest.
- Occupational Scales relate interest patterns to those of satisfied workers within the occupation.
- Personal Style Scales describe preferred style of working, learning, leading, risk-taking, and team participation.
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®) assessment is the best-known and most trusted personality tool available today. After more than 50 years, it continues to be the most widely used assessment in the world for understanding individual differences and uncovering new ways to work and interact with others.
The MBTI family of tools reaches across the globe in 21 languages to help:
- Improve individual and team performance,
- Nurture and retain top talent,
- Develop leadership at every level of an organization,
- Reduce workplace conflict, and
- Explore the world of work