Skip to content

EC-6 and Mid-Level FAQs

What are Education program admission requirements?

Please review Education program admission requirements.

How do I get advised?

You must contact an advisor each semester for course clearance. Please check the clearance page for current information.

If you have general questions, you can e-mail an advisor. E-mail correspondence using your UTA e-mail account is our preferred method of communication for general information.

If you have specific questions about your degree plan or GPA, you should make an appointment by calling 817-272-2956. We see students by appointment only and do not accept walk-ins except during specified times at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters.

Who is my advisor?

We assign students to certain advisors using a letterset system, which you can view on the advisor contact page.

If your assigned advisor is unavailable, any other advisor will be able to assist you. All our advisors have access to every student’s file, and we maintain a database of advising appointment notes and e-mail/phone correspondence.

How do I get clearance to register?

Please visit our clearance page for information concerning the current semester.

How do I register for classes?

Course registration is done through MyMav, UTA's Student Information System. Click here to log in to MyMav. Here is a helpful informational brochure on MyMav: MyMav brochure.

How do I drop a course or withdraw from the university?

Students can drop courses on their own in MyMav until the end of late registration. After that point, students must have an advisor drop the course(s) for them. Please go to this page to download a drop form and read instructions for completing it.

Can I take courses at a community college and transfer them in?

Yes. Many of the core and basic requirements on our degree plans can be taken at a community college. Keep in mind that you must earn a grade of ‘C’ or better in order for a course to transfer. You can view the Transfer Equivalency Guide to determine course equivalents at other schools. Make sure you send official transcripts to the Office of Records so the university has record of these transfer courses.

When do I need to apply for Field Experience?

Applications must be submitted to the Office of Educational Field Experience. Applications for field experience will be accepted during the month of February for Fall placement and October for Spring placement. Exact dates will be given each semester. All questions regarding field placement should be directed to the Office of Educational Field Experience at For more information, please visit the Office of Educational Field Experience webpage.

Once I am through with the program, how do I obtain my certification?

Please view this page for information regarding certification: applying to SBEC.

Where do I find information about scholarships?

This page lists scholarship opportunities.

Do you have an honor society?

Yes: Kappa Delta Pi, an International Honor Society in Education. You can visit the website for the Xi Alpha chapter of Kappa Delta Pi for membership requirements and other information.