Field Experience Handbooks
Student Teacher Resources
- All student teachers are required to have the Student Teacher and Cooperating Teacher Handbook:
- All students are required to review the Texas Education Agency's Code of Ethics: https://goo.gl/eHiEWi (Youtube Playlist)
- All students entering a student teaching placement will complete a Student Teaching Survey at least twice during student teaching, depending on your program of study. This survey will be emailed to you when you need to take it.
- Initial Teacher Certification Portfolio Clicksheet
- Initial Teacher Certification Portfolio Video (YouTube)
Cooperating Teacher Resources
All Cooperating Teachers must complete UTA COEd Cooperating Teacher Training every semester that they are a Cooperating Teacher, per TEA regulations. Please review the content in the PowerPoint below carefully and follow the directions on the last slide to record your training.
In addition, the Student Teacher handbook contains materials for Cooperating Teachers. Please check with your Student Teacher or their UTA Field Supervisor for additional information.
- Cooperating Teacher Training Presentation
- Verification of Training for Cooperating Teachers: https://uta.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eRkw80krTJgl4ih
- Cooperating Teacher Handbook for Field Experiences
UTA Supervisor Resources
The following observation instruments are used by the Department of Curriculum and Instruction to document and assess teacher candidates during field experience: