RN-BSN and RN-MSN Admissions
- Complete online application and submit application fee
- Submit official transcripts with record of all courses completed and any degrees conferred by a regionally or nationally accredited institution. Official transcripts are sealed transcripts sent from the granting institution.
- Proof of active and Unencumbered RN License verifiable via Nursys or State Boards of Nursing (BON)
- If the license is unable to be verified, the student must send in a for verification. Acceptance will be on hold until the license is verified. Please submit your license by clicking or tapping here.
- Students that do not have a license but graduated within 1 year of completion of the ADN program will have the license checklist waived and accepted to the AO RN-BSN program. However, the license will be verified within N3345. If the license is unable to be verified, students will be unable to progress.
- GPA Requirements:
- RN-BSN: 2.25 Grade Point Average (GPA) is required for admission. Developmental coursework and grades of D do not transfer. Please visit Admission Requirements for more information.
- RN-MSN: 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) is required for admission. Developmental coursework and grades of D do not transfer. Please visit Admission Requirements for more information.
- TOEFL or TSI may apply*
- Foreign Country Transcripts: Official foreign country transcripts or marksheets and diplomas are those bearing the original seal of the institution and the original signature of the Registrar or responsible head of the institution. Those not issued in English must be accompanied by an exact word-for-word original English translation bearing the original university or translation agency attestation.
- Experience Requirements:
- RN-BSN: no additional requirement.
- RN-MSN: Two years of RN experience. RN-MSN NP Acute Care students must have two years of the last five years in an acute specialty are.
- Supplemental Questions: Applicants to the University and students who have already been admitted to UTA who want to switch to the RN-MSN program must complete the supplemental questions form (click or tap here).
Submit official transcripts from any college or university you have attended as well as all required documents to:
UTA Admissions Office
Arlington, TX 76019-0114
*The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam is satisfied by resident status, Associate’s Degree, or completion of Composition I and II with a grade of C or better plus 24 additional transferrable hours at a college or university located in the U.S. Otherwise, the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam is required if the applicant's native or first language is not English. Additional information is available here.
Completed Texas Success Initiative (TSI). This will NOT prevent admission, but the requirement must be satisfied during the first semester of enrollment.