The UTA Engineering Mentorship Program
UTA’s Engineering Mentorship Program provides an opportunity for students to connect with industry professionals in a positive one-on-one mentoring relationship with the aim of assisting the student in developing professional skill sets that will prepare them for challenges and successes in education and workforce endeavors.
The program hopes to enrich student development by working with the mentor in:
- Examining real-world engineering problems
- Overcoming personal challenges
- Seeing a larger scope of engineering career options
- Providing vision and clarity to the student in regards to career choices
- Introducing the student to new technologies
- Mentoring to help provide guidance to student regarding academic and social issues
- Connecting students with business
Program is limited to 75 senior-level students for students graduating during the 2018-2019 academic year. Deadline to apply is January 1st.
I’m Interested! How Can I Participate?
Matching students and mentors will be handled by our team! Our goal is to match all participants, but we are unable to guarantee that all students and mentors will be partnered!
Timeline for the program:
- Open applications – October
- Kick-off Event - January/February
- Monthly contact via phone or email
- Wrap up – Early May
You will be given meeting ideas and schedules of campus activities at the kick-off event!