Fall 2017 Commencement
Saturday, December 16
College Park Center
BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR JUNK/CLUTTER EMAIL FOLDER REGULARLY TO MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT MISS IMPORTANT EMAILS REGARDING GRADUATION AND COMMENCEMENT!
Important Dates to Remember*:
June 6: Deadline to apply to graduate on MyMav for Summer semester (July 5: Late Deadline to apply to graduate on MyMav; additional fee is assessed)
September 8: Deadline to apply to graduate on MyMav for Fall semester (October 6: Late Deadline to apply to graduate on MyMav; additional fee is assessed)
October 9 and 10 (10 am to 7 pm) and October 11 and 12 (10 am to 4 pm): Grad Fair at UTA Bookstore (Josten's will be there to receive orders for regalia, invitations, ring, photography)
November 16: Deadline to register at www.uta.edu/engineering/commencement
November 20: Grads will receive an email from University Communications about how to obtain tickets
TENTATIVE DATES FOR TICKETING:
November 21 (10 am) - November 27 (noon): Ticket Offer 1 available
November 28 (10 am) - December 4 (noon): Ticket Offer 2 available
December 5 (10 am) - December 11 (noon): Ticket Offer 3 available
*Dates are subject to change. Check this page for updates.
IF YOU HAVE MISSED THE DEADLINE TO APPLY TO GRADUATE, FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
- Apply for graduation in the next available semester on MyMav
- Meet with Departmental Advisor/Admin to request moving graduation back one semester
- If approved, your advisor will need to email Dr. Lynn Peterson to request approval of the student’s request
- If Dr. Peterson approves your request, she will notify the registrar
- The Registrar will then manually update the graduation application to the semester requested and email student (and copy advisor/admin, Dr. Peterson) to let them know the status
- Once approved, you will need to register to participate in Commencement by the deadline
UTA wants to see your graduation journey! Use #MavGrad2017 to share on all social media channels from now until graduation.
The Shorthorn is now offering Graduation Photo Packages for graduates.
Grad Cap Contest
Starting in October, students can submit photos of their designed/decorated grad cap by using #MavGrad2017 AND tagging UTA on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Submissions are due by TBD.
THE CEREMONY WILL BE LIVE STREAMED AT THE WEBSITE BELOW:
FUTURE COMMENCEMENT DATES:
Director of Marketing Services
College of Engineering