Fall 2018 Commencement
Saturday, December 15
College Park Center
BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR JUNK/CLUTTER EMAIL FOLDER REGULARLY TO MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT MISS IMPORTANT EMAILS REGARDING GRADUATION AND COMMENCEMENT!
Important Dates to Remember*:
June 5: Deadline to apply to graduate on MyMav for Summer semester (July 3: Late Deadline to apply to graduate on MyMav for Summer semester; additional fee is assessed)
September 5: Deadline to apply to graduate on MyMav for Fall semester (October 3: Late Deadline to apply to graduate on MyMav for Fall semester; additional fee is assessed)
October 15-18 (Monday and Tuesday 10 am to 4 pm; Wednesday and Thursday 10 am to 7 pm): Grad Fair at UTA Bookstore (Josten's will be there to receive orders for regalia, invitations, ring, photography)
November 8: Deadline to register at www.uta.edu/engineering/commencement
November 12: Grads will receive an email from University Communications about how to obtain tickets
TENTATIVE DATES FOR TICKETING:
November 14 (10 am) - November 20 (noon): Ticket Offer 1 available
November 21 (10 am) - November 29 (noon): Ticket Offer 2 available
November 30 (10 am) - December 7 (noon): Ticket Offer 3 available
*Dates are subject to change. Check this page for updates.
IF YOU HAVE MISSED THE DEADLINE TO APPLY TO GRADUATE, FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
- Apply for graduation in the next available semester on MyMav
- Meet with Departmental Advisor/Admin to request moving graduation back one semester
- If approved, your advisor will need to email Dr. Lynn Peterson to request approval of the student’s request
- If Dr. Peterson approves your request, she will notify the registrar
- The Registrar will then manually update the graduation application to the semester requested and email student (and copy advisor/admin, Dr. Peterson) to let them know the status
- Once approved, you will need to register to participate in Commencement by the deadline
UTA wants to see your graduation journey! Use #MavGrad2018 to share on all social media channels from now until graduation.
The Shorthorn is now offering Graduation Photo Packages for graduates.
Grad Cap Contest
Starting in April students can submit photos of their designed/decorated grad cap by using #MavGrad2018 AND tagging UTA on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
THE CEREMONY WILL BE LIVE STREAMED AT THE WEBSITE BELOW:
FUTURE COMMENCEMENT DATES:
Director of Marketing Services
College of Engineering